LOOKING FOR: A self-driven, senior level engineer with a secret clearance to join our AMERICAN SYSTEMS Simulation and Systems Division team as a Ship Self Defense System Analyst. Candidate will support the Surface and Mine Warfighting Development Center, Integrated Air and Missile Defense Division.
As a Ship Self Defense System Analyst, you will:
- Work directly in support and execution of Simulation and Systems Division capabilities for SMWDC Readiness Support.
- Join a well-established team that gives you the opportunity to grow.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
- Obtain or maintain your secret security clearance
A week in the life of a Ship Self Defense System Analyst:
- Support the development, testing, and publication of Ship Self Defense System tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP)
- Conduct testing of SSDS TTP in a laboratory setting
- Develop Measures of Effectiveness (MOEs) and Measures of Performance (MOPs) for SSDS in a laboratory and at-sea environment
- Review existing SSDS doctrinal publications to ensure the publications are current and accurate
Life at AMERICAN SYSTEMS:
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED “BEST OF THE BEST” by U.S. Veterans Magazine, "BEST FOR VETS" by Military Times, and “TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER” by MilitaryFriendly.com. We are an official Virginia Values Veterans certified company.
- Required 10-20 years minimum of military or relevant industry or government experience in Naval and/or Department of Defense operations
- SECRET Clearance required, TOP SECRET desired, with the ability to obtain SCI
- Required familiarity with operational and tactical doctrine, concept of operations, standard operating procedures, and tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP)
- Required qualification as Tactical Action Officer from a SSDS platform
At least 5+ years of experience in:
- Aboard Navy aircraft carriers or large deck amphibious ships equipped with the Ship Self Defense System (SSDS)
- The design, engineering and/or operation of the SSDS weapon system
- Familiarity with test design and procedures in a combat systems laboratory environment
- Familiarity with the development of Measures of Effectiveness and Measures of Performance (MOE/MOP)
Desired 3+ years of experience in:
- Teaching and/or instructing in a formal classroom setting(concurrent or sequential to 10-20 years military experience)
- Development and writing of tactical guidance documents such as OPTASKS, Fleet Advisory Messages, TACMEMOs, and/or Navy Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures.